Tuesday, December 1, 2009

BLOCKBUSTER TUESDAY


The Berwanger Brawlers have announced a trade that sends wideout Donald Driver to the Roscoe Village Hot Dogs for Knowshon Moreno and Mario Manningham. With both teams struggling in the lackluster PG North division, this move is viewed as a "Custer's Last Stand", of sorts.

Entering the Brawlers DuPage County training complex, The Ger stated, "This will decide my season, and I can live with that."

The Brawlers have been running back starved for a few weeks now. With 5 total points last week from his runners, it was time for The Ger to make a move.

Meanwhile, the Hot Dogs were working the phones for the past 3 days trying to secure a bonafide wideout. After losing star Reggie Wayne, PG didn't want to rely soley on Miles Austin for his receiving output.

"Look, we're a .500 team that needs to move up a level or two...if it means taking a gamble on a deep threat, I'm gonna do that, quipped PG.

With Robert Meachem being a welcome addition to the Hot Dogs, Driver may be the celery salt PG needs complete the perfect Hot Dog lineup.

In an unrelated issue, I think I want Kyle Orton back....

9 comments:

Sulceski said...

Hey, that's my sister's song.....

Unknown said...

Hardly a blockbuster. But do what you gotta do to try and stay relevant...

PG said...

Wow, arrogance from a GM who hadn't tasted first place since Pepper Booyah was in his prime.

Oh, and next time try and beat an irrelevant team by more than one point.

Unknown said...

A win is a win. And while I am in first place I might as well enjoy it.

Especially since your drafting skills this year and last were very disappointing, especially when you pick for other teams...

PG said...

The CO Giants criticizing another teams drafting skills is akin to Rosie O'Donnell criticizing someone's dieting habits.

Unknown said...

again, being in first place for now allows my drafting skills to be honored, not criticized.

Jim said...

Honored? How about marveled...

Unknown said...

as long as you are in awe with my team, then it is fine whatever you want to call it.. hahahahaha!!

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?