Monday, October 5, 2009

Final Baseball Rankings

Congratulations to Hef and Jimmy's Daddy, winner of the 2009 PG Sportsworld fantasy baseball league! In an absolute trouncing, the Daddy's took every category (save strikeouts) and show the Sportsworld that he is the undisputed champion.

So here we go, fellas, the final rankings for 2009. These will be used to determine next years draft order and will, of course, be used for end of the year fantasy points.

1. Jimmy's Daddy- $480.00
2. Client #9- $360.00
3. The Rockpile- $240.00
4. Tallcorn Cobras- $60.00
5. Hoosier Heat- $60.00
6. Clark & Addison
7. CO Yankees
8. Year 2000!
9. Lawndale Longhorns
10. Cornholers
11. Baby Gorillas
12. The SwinGERS

A few observations here....Yankee Mike and the CO Yankees went from 12th place to 7th place during the course of the playoffs. Congrats, Yankee Mike, what a climb!! Baby Bisho and his Client #9 team went from the 5 seed to the championship game and 2nd place. Well done, sir. On the opposite end of that, The SwinGERS went from 9th place to 12th place. Ouch!!

Give me a few days to get to the bank to get you guy's your money (since this is an account dedicated soley for the baseball league, I'll most likely be sending you a cashiers check). So if you are in the money, send me a quick e-mail with your home address.

I will also be calculating how many moves each team has made, and the costs associated. I'll post the amounts each team will have to send me.

10 comments:

Sulceski said...

Congratulations to Jimmy's Daddy on winning the league. Job well done.

Hate to say "I told you so" T-Dub, but I did predict the early exit by the most dominating regular season team some while back.

Now allow me to eat crow and give a round of applause to #9. Things got a little nasty after the draft, yet he stayed ahead of me all season while I nipped at his heels. Eventually putting me down like the wet dog my team was in our last matchup. You are the more dominant team and your prediction of Russ Martin was clairvoyant. Where do I send my C-Note?

Unknown said...

I'll say I am sick looking at these standings ...

but congratulations to the Daddy's and welcome to the world of fantasy or any other sport where regular season should/does mean jack shit and you have to play when it counts ... f me.

My football team sucks. I have some work to do. Oh Tom, where is that 2007 form? I have always hated that SOB, now its just getting worse.

Sulceski said...

T-Dub, take solace in the fact that we square off in Week 5 and the majority of my starters will be on a Bye week.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I was meant to participate in fantasy sports.

PG said...

The Hot Dogs are grillin this week. Let's hope Bronco Mike doesn't rain on my BBQ.

Sulceski said...

The Rockpile will need a superb defensive effort by the Pack tonight to overcome the 31 pt deficit he is looking at. Although I'm cheering those Packers on - would love to the tie in the NFC North at 3-1.

The matchup of the night might be the Trombones vs. Chimps as he has the Vike's defense and I'm sporting Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Grant suffering a 9 pt deficit.

Green Bay better show up tonight!!!

Mike said...

PG - Let me save you some trouble. If you could redirect part of my winnings to 3k so I can cover my dues for the football league, then subtract my baseball transaction fees, that should leave me with about $3.50 to go buy a 2010 fantasy football magazine which I clearly needed this year.

9301 Kornbrust Circle
Lone Tree, CO 80124

Please make the check out to "Next Years Baseball Champion." My team will be starting Spring drills before Halloween.

Thank you,
Team Rockpile

Unknown said...

Great first year. Congrats J Daddy for the championship.

I would like to thank the commish for always being available to talk and answer our questions...

I will gladly take my 7 points and go into next year with a great attitude. The CO Yankees are going to do a better job this winter at preparing for the season, with staying healthy at the top of the list.

PG said...

FYI, the Gorilla's will be taking fungos at Grant Park at 1PM this Saturday if anyone's team would like to join in.

Sabrina said...

Great first year. Congrats J Daddy for the championship. I would like to thank the commish for always being available to talk and answer our questions... I will gladly take my 7 points and go into next year with a great attitude. The CO Yankees are going to do a better job this winter at preparing for the season, with staying healthy at the top of the list.