Thursday, May 7, 2009

Say It Ain't So...

Oh, it be so!!! I won't get into the whole generic "what do you think" BS. A few points though...

When the steroid scandal hit, I said to myself, "well, at least a guy like Alex Rodriguez is still out there performing at a high level without roids". Then, of course, the A-Roid scandal hit. After A-Rod was outed, I said to myself, "well, at least Manny rakes without them". Oops, wrong on that one too.

I think with ManRam getting outed, our worst fears are now realized. And that is everyone in the league has or is doing roids or other PEDS.

Now that it seems that everyone has done roids, don't you feel like the burden of proof is now on Albert Pujols? Hey Albert, you aren't paranoid...everyone is looking at you now.

BTW, is Jose Canseco now considered the PED's Prophet?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

From ESPN: Two sources told ESPN's T.J. Quinn and Mark Fainaru-Wada that the drug used by Ramirez is HCG -- human chorionic gonadotropin. HCG is a women's fertility drug typically used by steroid users to restart their body's natural testosterone production as they come off a steroid cycle. It is similar to Clomid, the drug Bonds, Giambi and others used as clients of BALCO.

Edward said...

If so, WOW. His statement said it was for a health issue. I wish there was a way to determine if he took masking agents for the past several years or if this was an isolated incident. Either way, I agree PG, the burden of proof is on the guys who aren't taking but are suspected.

MLB Network should have a reality show where they follow guys around for a week 24/7 in the offseason to see who does and doesn't use. Have daily drug tests or something of that ilk.

PG said...

I feel that the Red Sox should forfeit their two World Series trophies for perpetuating fraud on the good people of this country.

Unknown said...

Yes, I agree, forfeiting would be the right thing to do..

The question now is not who did it, but who didnt do it?

T-Dub said...

J-ger, love the photo!!!!

BOOM!!

Sulceski said...

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the next player to test positive was David Eckstein!

Edward said...

The Red Sox will forfeit theirs when the Yankees forfeit theirs from the Clemens era.

Sulceski said...

All I want is for Giambi to forfeit his 2000 MVP Award so it could be given to it's rightful owner...Frank Thomas

Jim said...

As long as I get to keep my 96 World Series ring. You can keep your 1918 ring, HAHAHAHAHAAAHA.

Sulceski said...

So my question is Manny looking to mask his steroids use or is Manny attempting to ovulate??