Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday Recap

Special thanks to 3K for his hospitality on Super Sports Saturday this weekend.

Lawndale Longhorns-8
Baby Gorillas-2

Cause I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, free faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalin!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done, Linc. You now have achieved what your brother could not (other than heterosexuality)...beating PG and the Baby Gorillas. All is well, though. I traded for a guy last week that may go on the DL today. Fun times.

CO Yankees-7
ARodsACyssy-2
Tied-1

As I said on Friday, 3K had an anemic performace at the plate, while Yankee Mike put up some pretty decent numbers (I can see steam coming out of 3K's ears as we speak). The offensive matchup was reminiscent of the Pacquaio-Hatton fight this weekend (more steam). I would talk more crap, but like Mr. 3000, I'm a cellar dweller.

Client #9-7
Hoosier Heat-2
Tied-1

Absolute pitching domination. 0.9811 WHIP. In the words of Baby Bisho...nuff said.

Jimmy's Daddy-6
The SwinGERS-4

The split match remained very much split. The clincher? Saves. Actually, one save. See how close these match-up's are? The Ger holds onto first place of PG East, but Hef and QBF are nipping at his heels. Also, check out the difference in WHIP for the week (1.2407 for the SwinGERS and 1.2532 for the Daddy's). Talk about a game of inches.

The Rockpile-5
Clark & Addison-5

With the exception of stolen bases, this was Clark & Addison's week at the plate. 11homers in a week is pretty extraordinary. But not as extraordinary as the 11 stolen bases swiped by Carl Crawford in one week (6 in one day!!!). That is absolutely filthy. Hey QBF, 0 wins and 0 saves? I know I'm going to regret saying this (because you'll immediately point out the fact that I'm in last place) but that is pathetic. And yes, the animosity from the non-trade is still very raw.

Tallcorn Cobras-8
Year2000!-2

Well, well, well. Look who's 15 minutes are, in fact, up? And look who did not pass go and proceed directly to 3rd place? Fenway Ed, that's who!!!!!!!! Cobras and the Spitzer's met in week 2 (with #9 winning handily). I'm looking forward to the week where T-Dub and Baby Bisho/Derek The Long Legged Mack Daddy meet up again(which is the week of July 13th). I have a feeling it will be a closer match.

15 comments:

Sulceski said...

That was a pathetic effort laid out by AROC over the week. Truly pathetic. I've jumbled the lineup, rallied the groups and even brought in a sex-doll to lighten the mood.

My season starts today!!

T-Dub said...

A beaten down PG, tip-toein' around ... looking to avoid the wrath of franchise owners, wow ... the temperature of the owner's meeting would be ice cold if held today.

I am giving some of my guys that haven't gotten a chance to start in recent weeks a go. 4 in, 4 out ... Mauer debut for the Cobras this week. Big week.

Edward said...

Hey, at least I gained a W since Gut Check Friday! I call that progress, how about you Commish Glass Half Empty?

PG said...

A few things...

1. What is AROC?

2. I come from the school of thought that anything less than first place is glass half empty.

I'm just waiting for the first verbal beating that I am going to take this week. The way things have been, it won't be long.

Sulceski said...

AROdsaCyssie or AROC.

What's it matter....I suck.

New Linc said...

PG - Rather than initiate a verbal beat down I'd rather compliment your team for their professionalism. At least they kept their high heels on while I skull fucked them.

PG said...

And there it is....

T-Dub said...

I love that complimentary attitude, "new" linc. You are such a good sport, rare in this day and age.

And please never call yourself AROC again, dude ... its awful on many levels - don't get me wrong, I love the A-Rod slander, but throwing yourself into the bucket 'close' to A-Rod ... ugh! No more AROC, I implore you.

Anonymous said...

The injury bug is sweeping through my team faster than the swine flu in Mexico City.

Sulceski said...

T-Dub ask and T-Dub receive...

ARodsACyssie is no longer a part of the league. New name, new team!

Thanks for the push T-Dub.

T-Dub said...

I'll just assume flattery is in play here, from my bottom-dwelling friend 3k ... or he has bad memories of his catholic school upbringing.

I'm gonna go ahead and shut off the home run spicket for this week. Boys are hitting ... wish it would stay all summer.

T-Dub said...

I do like you getting away from A-Rod, even if at my expense ... you're a better man for it.

Sulceski said...

Hey, at least I went all-in and had team tshirts made!!

Sulceski said...

And now for the official coming out...

Jenkins said...

the 3rd. Go back to C and play C, C major C major. Move up a whole step and play a B melhor ter um piano real, mas pianos so caros.