We have been doing this league long enough that I think we can all sense certain trends. Yankee Mike overvalues Yankees players, 3K overvalues lead off hitters with speed but no batter's eye. This got me thinking - one month into the season what have been the least surprising moves made by team owners and what do I think will happen over the remaining five months? I have a few:
If I Could've Laid Money On...
- Yankee Mike dropped Javy Vazquez (I guess he forgot that Vazquez can't handle the pressure of a big passionate market)
- 3K picked up then dropped Juan Pierre
- I would put too much emphasis on young, unproven guys with TREMENDOUS upside
What I would like to lay money on...
- Tallcorn Cobras will trade one of their two catchers for a mint, and it won't be a former #2 overall selection
- PG will complain that not enough people comment on the blog posts